Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care. . ."

Here we have a picture of our mantle. I made all the garland inside and outside the house. I found these stockings a few years ago in a Pottery Barn catalogue. I think the stockings were my only full price purchase EVER from Pottery Barn. I really wanted them bad though!


My favorite thing about the mantle/fireplace is this huge picture of E.T. and Baby Girl. This picture was taken when they were 2 years old at Cutie Patootie's studio. We were there to get a family picture made for our Christmas cards and in the process of trying to get the kids to cooperate, Cutie Patootie snapped this photo and it was my favorite one of all! This picture looks like the perfect image of the innocence of Christmas morning with children. I just love it!

2 comments:

Woman Interrupted said...

You're garland is h-h-hot! (too)

What a precious picture! The stalkings are perfect for that room.

Girly Stuff said...

Your garland is always great! And I love the picture!

Full price at Pottery Barn is as painful as full price at Ballards...hurts so good.

 
Designed by Lena