Thursday, September 4, 2008

Closet Retreat

Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God. . ."

Ever since I was a kid I have retreated to my closet. Sometimes, I was mad, sad, wanted to talk on the phone in private, sing a song, or even just be still and pray. It seemed as if my closet was the only place in the world I could get away and be alone during any of those instances. To this very day, I still retreat to my closet. To you it may look like a place where all my clothes, shoes, and accessories are neatly tucked away, but it is more than that to me. My closet is a place where I can actual y be still, quiet, undisturbed, and spend quality time with God and have my soul become refreshed and restored. You might have a place like that in your life, it might be your car, bathroom, bedroom, kitchen, etc. For me it is my closet. This is my special retreat and I want to share it with you.




This is our his and hers closet. Unfortunately, it's not all my space to have to myself, I must share it with my husband! However, I definitely take up more space than he does. Over the next several posts I will share with you different areas in my closet and how I have chosen to organize them for my OCD personality. These are organization techniques that I have used for many years, even back when we lived in an apartment and other houses which had much smaller and practically nonexistent closets. No matter the size of the closet, over the years, these ideas have always worked for me.


I have to say I absolutely love decorating and sharing about it, but hands down organization is my gift! I love to purge, merge, reorganize, and restore order to things in my closets, cabinets, drawers, garage, and attic, at least 3-4 times a year. I love it so much it is like entertainment to me! You might think I am a little bit crazy. . . you are right! So, get on board the crazy train for the next few posts and see if you might want to get a little crazy like me in your closet and make it a place you want to retreat to.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I love this post. I love your closet. I love that you have a place to retreat! I want that :)
Tell us more about your mad organization skills!

Girly Stuff said...

My pen and paper are ready...Let's do it to it!

Jennifer said...

I LOVE your closet as you well know..can't wait to hear more about the organization since my closet is now nearly non-existent. LOVE the blog...it's perfectly you!

Mandy said...

ok Miss Priss...It looks like my closet is about a 1/4 of the size of yours. I would love some suggestions...OR...you could just come organize it!!!

 
Designed by Lena